Hi Jean-Marc,

gempe...@xs4all.nl wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm using XSTREAM for Android and since Samsung updated the NOTE 2 to
> 4.4.2 I have this error
> "Android XSTREAM W/dalvikvm no implementation found for native
> Ldalvik/system/VMRuntime;.pauseGc:(Ljava/lang/String;)I on Samsung device"
>
> This also happen with last GALAXY S 10.1 T-800 !
>
> I don't have the issue on CUSTOM ROM such as OMEGA GS4 and on an OLD
> Galaxy S ROM with Cyanogenmod 11...
>
> Surely this is not an XSTREAM issue but probably a bug from Samsung on
> there latest ROM it seems from what I read on google which also redirected
> other people with same issue to Samsung...but nothing seems to happen on
> this front.
>
> The issue happen when I call XSTREAM toXML() to serialize, there is no
> problem at all to de-serialize.
>
> Basically I'm desperate for some kind of workaround... I looked at
> building XSTREAM for Android to see if I can figure out something
> debugging but failed... I did no really find easy pointer ( I might
> overlook things, sorry if this is the case) on how to build it using
> Eclipse.
>
> Any pointer, suggestion would be great.
>
> Many thanks for your great library

Which version of XStream are you using? I have no idea why there should be a
reference to dalvik.system.VMRuntime, XStream uses no such reference.
XStream tries to identify the supported functionality in c.t.x.core.JVM,
this included specific behavior for Dalvik. So, if we can identify what
triggers your reported error, we might be able to do something.

For development you can simply checkout the source. XStream is Maven-based.
Call

  mvn eclipse:eclipse

from the project root to generate the Eclipse projects.

However, personally I do no Android development, so any Android support in
XStream is based on user reports.

Cheers,
Jörg