Thanks Jörg for your answer.

 I'm currently trying to do that: a custom bundle by hand.

I get the following resource content:
>  - xstream-1.4.7.jar
>  - jettison-1.0.1.jar

to make my own bundle.
I share the bundle.jar::/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF on gist

     https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d10599202ec41ee1992a
     be warn that I didn't report all xtream package here (bundle export
package )..

At runtime I got the following exception:

   Exception in thread "Thread-697" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
java.util.regex.Pattern
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(Unknown Source)
        (...)

I check "java.util.regex.Pattern" which is available since 1.4...
but this class seems not available on J9 JVM.

I will maybe try to test an older version of xstream.

Regards

Brice