We are planning a ZooKeeper deployment, but are struggling with some aspects of
our current architecture. We have two data centers; most applications use load
balancing between the two data centers to ensure redundancy for disaster
recovery etc. ZooKeeper has been challenging for us, because we can't quite
figure out how to structure our servers. We aren't starting with lots of
clients, so 3 servers should be a good fit initially. However, if we put two
servers in one datacenter, and one server in the other, we're setup for a
quorum failure if we have a power outage at the datacenter with two boxes.
Short of setting up a third data center for our division, what options do we
have for deploying ZooKeeper effectively, with disaster recovery in mind etc.
Thanks!

Jason Harmon
Senior Software Architect