Shawn,

Thank you for your help, but unfortunately, it all sounds gibberish to me.
As stated in the stack exchange question, I'm a complete Linux newbie that
couldn't even properly install a piece of software in Ubuntu. I did include
all of my efforts so far in the question.

Do you think it is best to scrap it and try a different installation
approach instead?

TIA,
Greg