Hi,

I have a scenario where I have a queue, interServerQueue, for which I create
a local connection and consumer.  The queue is sent messages by local and
remote producers.  Messages sent to the queue are received and processed by
the local consumer.

A heap dump, however, shows 2 QueueImpl objects, one with a consumer and one
without.  The one with a consumer has retained no messages in the
messageReferences queue, whereas the one without the consumer is
accumulating messages, and it doesn't look like they are ever getting
cleaned up.

I'm concerned that this is a memory leak, and is very similar (a QueueImpl
without a consumer) to that reported in
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/potential-memory-leak-when-using-STOMP-protocol-td4716643.html.

My configuration:

<configuration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
               xmlns="urn:activemq"
               xsi:schemaLocation="urn:activemq /schema/artemis-server.xsd">

   <jms xmlns="urn:activemq:jms">

            <topic name="asyncEvents"/>
            <queue name="interServerQueue"/>
                <topic name="notificationsTopic"/>

   </jms>

   <core xmlns="urn:activemq:core">

                <queues>
                        <queue name="interServerQueue">
                                <address>jms.queue.interServerQueue</address>
                                <durable>false</durable>
                        </queue>
                </queues>

                <persistence-enabled>false</persistence-enabled>

<management-address>jms.queue.hornetq.management</management-address>

<management-notification-address>jms.topic.notificationsTopic</management-notification-address>

                <connectors>
                        <connector name="in-vm">vm://0</connector>
                </connectors>

                <acceptors>

                        <acceptor name="in-vm">vm://0</acceptor>
                        <acceptor name="netty">tcp://0.0.0.0:5445</acceptor>
                        <acceptor
name="stomp-acceptor">tcp://0.0.0.0:61613?protocols=STOMP</acceptor>
                </acceptors>

                <security-enabled>false</security-enabled>

        </core>

</configuration>

<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4716809/Capture.png>