My reading of your configuration indicates that you're actually creating the
extra queue yourself.  When you configure a JMS queue like this:

   <jms xmlns="urn:activemq:jms">
      <queue name="interServerQueue"/>
   </jms>

This gets turned into a core queue named "jms.queue.interServerQueue" mapped to
an core address also named "jms.queue.interServerQueue".  So that's queue #1.

When you configure a core queue like this:

   <queue name="interServerQueue">
      <address>jms.queue.interServerQueue</address>
      <durable>false</durable>
   </queue>

This creates a core queue name "interServerQueue" mapped to a core address
named "jms.queue.interServerQueue".  That's queue #2.

Since both queue #1 and #2 are mapped to the same address (i.e.
"jms.queue.interServerQueue") they will both get all the same messages.
However, my guess is that your application is only consuming messages from
queue #1 (i.e. the "JMS" queue) which means messages build up in queue #2 since
there's no client to consume them.

Ultimately I think this is a misconfiguration.  Remove the core queue you've
configured and see how it goes.

Justin