Does that apply for a hostname of localhost like the OP was using?

And can you give more details about exactly what switched, and in what
version of the JVM?  I'd have expected hostname resolution to be handled by
the OS and/or a service like DNS, and that therefore the behavior would be
the same for all versions of the JVM, so I'd like to better understand what
changed so I'll know what behavior to expect from different versions.

Tim