I can be flexible on the protocol. Currently we are using openwire.

For the option of a multicast address, is this an activemq configuration or
network configuration? OK, it's in activemq and there is some
documentation, I'll get to ready. At first glance it seems there are some
limitations, but it looks worth my time to understand how it would work.