On 26 January 2018 at 20:58, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> With artemis you can simply disable syncs on producer and you would get
> similar performance numbers. Usually people turn of persistence to gain

Ah, it's not perf I'm after, think of this as a kind of IOT/sensor device,
I want to preserve my rather cheap SSD device from wearing out.

I'm producing a number of measurements on 24/7 basis (10-50 messages / sec)

In the common case I should be able to stream this out without ever hitting
disk, but for backup I need to spool messages if the consumer becomes
temporarily unreachable.

This is an abnormal use-case, so I'm not surprised it's not readily
available.

But I figured
(a) I might get lucky
(b) if not, it might be worth adding the feature to ActiveMQ myself to
avoid re-inventing all the other parts