As you say, I'm using KahaDB.

> You asked whether subscriptions would be on the new master, and the answer
> depends on whether the subscription was durable. If it was a durable
> subscription, the subscription information is persisted and the
> subscription will be in the same state on the new master, even if the
> client doesn't immediately reconnect. If the subscription is not durable,
> then it will be recreated when the client reconnects to the new master, so
> any messages that were unconsumed at the time the original master went
> down
> and any messages sent before the client reconnects will be lost for that
> subscriber.

I'm using durable subscription.
So, I understand that clients can receive the message without problems
when switching from master to slave.

Please tell me a little more.

ActiveMQ insert cache index into the reference store for performance at
checkpoint interval.

If master goes down, it seems that chache index can not insert.
So reference store is not up-to-date.

In this case, if I startup up ActiveMQ, Is the reference store updated at
the start-up phase?