You don't really provide any meaningful info about what exactly is
challenging to manage and troubleshoot with 10,000 connections. Therefore,
your idea of moving to REST in the first place could be fundamentally
misguided. The trouble (whatever it was) could be tied to something other
than connection management which may not be solved by offloading that work
to an HTTP server.

Also, you flatly assert that Artemis wasn't built with the intention of
serving very large numbers of endpoints but simply with the intention of
moving messages quickly between endpoints. However, Artemis was designed
with high concurrency and vertical scalability in mind so I would push back
on your assertion here.

There is no arbitrary limit for the number of connections which a broker
can support. The functional limit will depend on your hardware and your
use-case.

I don't really understand your question about if the "broker connection has
any dependency with acceptor." Can you clarify this?

Ultimately I would recommend against using the REST interface as a way to
offload connection management. It wasn't designed for this purpose so I
wouldn't expect it to scale well. In other words, I would expect
performance to be poor. Keep in mind that messaging connections (unlike
HTTP connections) are *stateful* and that state must be tracked somewhere.
You can't just switch to REST and expect that to go away.

If you really need to scale up the number of AMQP connections beyond what
the broker is able to support I would recommend using Qpid Dispatch Router
[1] as a connection concentrator.

Justin

[1] https://qpid.apache.org/components/dispatch-router/index.html