I know you got this work, but for posterity's sake I wanted to make one
point clear...

The "data print" command won't print the _content_ of the message. As far
as the broker is concerned the content of the message is an opaque byte
array. It could be binary data or text data, and even if it is text it
could be encoded in any way. The broker has no reliable way to determine
how to decode the data so it won't even try to print it.

Justin