Hello.
I’m using a simple master-slave Artemis 2.26.0 cluster, and I’m noticing heap
usage growing more and more each day no matter the throughput. There’s about
670 sessions at the same time opened for producers and consumers. Consumers are
polling queues on regular basis, some once a second (meaning 1s timeout), some
less often. This is by design and cannot be altered. All client resources are
being reused as much as possible. Usually there’s a thread pool and the threads
have a session opened, and wait for tasks to be available to them.
It appears to me that the more consumers there is the faster the server heap
depletes.
Now, I’m not very familiar with leak hunting apps, so all I have are tiny hints
that it may have something to do with filter strings not being reused and/or
thrown away when not needed any more. I don’t know if I can post a screenshot
here so I uploaded it here: https://snipboard.io/LHifUK.jpg This is from a heap
dump opened in JMC JOverflow plugin.
Is there something obvious that I’m doing wrong? Do you have any clues on what
is going on here?
Thank you.
Jan.