I echo Tim's recommendation to use the latest release, but I don't mean to
say that will certainly resolve the problem.

I can't say if you're doing anything wrong without more information. Can
you answer the following questions?

 - What client library are you using?
 - How often are consumers being created?
 - Are consumers being closed properly once they are no longer needed?
 - Are JMS sessions being used concurrently from multiple threads?
 - Do you have a way to reproduce this that you can provide to me? A
reproducer would make diagnosing this issue much simpler.

Entries to the list of filter strings are added when a consumer is created
and removed when a consumer is closed so at first glance it appears you're
leaking consumers.

Justin