We are encountering a problem where a small number of messages are not
triggering the messageListener. We have a shared folder where our host drops
files to be delivered to all our retail stores. We have a process that has to
collect a full set of files as a set and when the set is found, we put each
file on a local queue on a centralized server. The messageListener gets called
and we attempt to put the new message on a remote queue for retail store.

Generally this works fairly well, but we have started encountering problems
where, according to our logging, we can see a log message that the
(file)message was put in the local queue, but in some small percentage of the
cases, we never get the onMessage() for the message listener to put the message
on the remote store, which breaks our process.

Looking for help/suggestions on how to debug this process to make sure that our
message listener gets called. Is there a way to request activemq debug logging
without debugging logging that entire application? Happening in production but
not in QA or local dev...

We are running WildFly 16.0.0.Final, with ActiveMQ core 5.7.0 and ActiveMQ
Artemis 2.6.3.

We have added extra logging around the our executor service and the message
listener but some files/messages seem to either 1) NOT make it into the local
queue or 2) the message listener doesn't fire. Based on the logging, it seems
like the message gets to the local queue, as we found no exceptions around that
timeframe, so seems to be the listener.

Mike Miller

Senior Developer II

Floor & Decor

214-477-9953

mailto: michael.mill...@flooranddecor.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are the property of Floor & Decor,
are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to which this email is addressed. If you are not one of the named
recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 214.477.9953 and delete this
message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.