After going over the documentation for installing Airflow, and using
Postgres as a backend, I am really confused.

There is no guide or step by step installation manual, just some random
things, ideas and fragments of memory that someone splat down on a web page.

---
I am led to believe that I need to configure things with postgres before
running `airflow initdb`, but that is not clear in the documentation.

Do I create a role/user first before using Airflow? and specify that
somewhere in a config file before running 'airflow initdb'

--
Also the instructions jump right in talking about something called
'sql_alchemy' as if I should know what that is, but I don't.

In addition it says: If you decide to use *Postgres*, we recommend using
the psycopg2 driver , and again, no instructions there as to what that
means.

---
I am more than willing to help the project write clear, concise
documentation and communicate with others, as it seems no one on the team
has developed this skill set, that can be put to use to help others get
this installed.

If someone could Jesus please take just five minutes and document this so I
do not waste 3-4 hours doing research, subscribing to user lists and being
misled by the drive by geniuses that respond on Stackoverflow it would be
greatly appreciated.