Hi there,

To answer the easiest one first -- pyscopg2. pip install
apache-airflow[postgres] will install psycopg2 for you, so.
SQLAlchemy is the DB access layer Airflow uses, but I agree that there is an
awful lot of assumed knowledge/context in the docs!
Yes, before running airflow initdb you will need to configure the permissions
on the database. For postgres this is:
create the user/role in the DB. (either CREATE USER sql statement, or
createuser cli tool.)
create an empty DB for airflow. createdb --owner airflow airflow probably.

Then configure sql_alchemy_conn to point to this. For instance if the DB is on
the local host then postgresql://airflow@/airflow