Wondering if there is something odd about your Hadoop setup since I'm able
to run it OK
with your pom file.

Can you try generating a new project from the maven archetype and running
the default
application (random number generation) ?

Ram

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 1:24 AM, Sanal Vasudevan <get2sa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> No luck yet.
> I get the same exception after changing the java version to 1.7.
>
>
> 2016-09-19 01:21:26,621 INFO org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2: adding path 
> spec: /stram/*
> 2016-09-19 01:21:26,621 INFO org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2: adding path 
> spec: /ws/*
> 2016-09-19 01:21:26,920 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.webapp.WebApps: 
> Registered webapp guice modules
> 2016-09-19 01:21:26,921 INFO org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2: Jetty bound 
> to port 20861
> 2016-09-19 01:21:27,255 ERROR 
> com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingAppMasterService: Webapps failed to start. 
> Ignoring for now:
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.webapp.WebAppException: Error starting http server
>       at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.webapp.WebApps$Builder.start(WebApps.java:310)
>       at 
> com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingAppMasterService.serviceStart(StreamingAppMasterService.java:616)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.start(AbstractService.java:193)
>       at 
> com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingAppMaster.main(StreamingAppMaster.java:103)
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to initialize WebAppContext
>       at org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2.start(HttpServer2.java:879)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.webapp.WebApps$Builder.start(WebApps.java:306)
>       ... 3 more
> Caused by: com.sun.jersey.api.container.ContainerException: No WebApplication 
> provider is present
>       at 
> com.sun.jersey.spi.container.WebApplicationFactory.createWebApplication(WebApplicationFactory.java:69)
>       at 
> com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.create(ServletContainer.java:392)
>       at 
> com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer$InternalWebComponent.create(ServletContainer.java:307)
>       at 
> com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.load(WebComponent.java:607)
>       at 
> com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.init(WebComponent.java:210)
>       at 
> com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.init(ServletContainer.java:374)
>       at 
> com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.init(ServletContainer.java:727)
>       at 
> com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.init(FilterDefinition.java:114)
>       at 
> com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedFilterPipeline.initPipeline(ManagedFilterPipeline.java:98)
>       at com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceFilter.init(GuiceFilter.java:172)
>       at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doStart(FilterHolder.java:97)
>       at 
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>       at 
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:713)
>       at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
>       at 
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1282)
>       at 
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:518)
>       at 
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:499)
>       at 
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>       at 
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
>       at 
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:156)
>       at 
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>       at 
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
>       at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
>       at 
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2.start(HttpServer2.java:857)
>       ... 4 more
> 2016-09-19 01:21:27,281 INFO com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingAppMasterService: 
> Starting ApplicationMaster
> 2016-09-19 01:21:27,281 INFO com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingAppMasterService: 
> number of tokens: 1
> 2016-09-19 01:21:27,342 INFO com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingAppMasterService: 
> Max mem 8192m, Min mem 1024m, Max vcores 32 and Min vcores 1 capabililty of 
> resources in this cluster
> 2016-09-19 01:21:27,343 INFO com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingAppMasterService: 
> Blacklist removal time in millis = 3600000, max consecutive node failure 
> count = 2147483647
> 2016-09-19 01:21:27,348 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.RMProxy: 
> Connecting to ResourceManager at /0.0.0.0:8032
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Best regards
>
> Sanal
>
>
>
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Sanal Vasudevan <get2sa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Ram. I will try it out.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Sanal
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Munagala Ramanath <r...@datatorrent.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> *           <source>1.8</source>*
>>> *           <target>1.8</target>*
>>> Could you change the source and target java versions to 1.7 in the above
>>> lines of your
>>> pom.xml and try again ?
>>>
>>> With this change I was able to run the application built with your
>>> pom.xml.
>>>
>>> Ram
>>>
>>> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 8:48 PM, Sanal Vasudevan <get2sa...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> Please find attached the pom.xml file.
>>>> I added the following to resolve build issue.
>>>>
>>>> <dependency>
>>>>   <groupId>org.codehaus.jettison</groupId>
>>>>   <artifactId>jettison</artifactId>
>>>>   <version>1.3.8</version>
>>>> </dependency>
>>>>
>>>> It is a single-node setup.
>>>> Haddop Version:2.7.2, rb165c4fe8a74265c792ce23f546c64604acf0e41
>>>> Yes I have used the apex command to lauch the apa file.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>> Sanal
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 1:29 AM, Munagala Ramanath <r...@datatorrent.com
>>>> > wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Looks like this happens if jersey-server is not present
>>>>> (e.g. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8662919/jersey-no-w
>>>>> ebapplication-provider-is-present-when-jersey-json-dependency-added)
>>>>>
>>>>> Have you made any changes to the pom.xml ? If so, can you post it here
>>>>> ?
>>>>>
>>>>> Also, can you tell us a bit more about your deployment environment ?
>>>>> Is it a single or multi-node cluster ?
>>>>> What version of Hadoop ? Are you using the "apex" command line tool to
>>>>> deploy ?
>>>>>
>>>>> Ram
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 1:29 AM, Sanal Vasudevan <get2sa...@gmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi there,
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I am unable to get started with Apache Apex.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I used the below mvn command to create the project.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> #!/bin/bash
>>>>>>
>>>>>> # script to create a new project
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> # change project name and archetype version as needed
>>>>>>
>>>>>> name=myapexapp
>>>>>>
>>>>>> version=3.4.0
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> mvn -B archetype:generate \
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.apex \
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   -DarchetypeArtifactId=apex-app-archetype \
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   -DarchetypeVersion=$version  \
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   -DgroupId=com.example \
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   -Dpackage=com.example.$name \
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   -DartifactId=$name \
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I am trying to execute the sample SortedWordCount application example.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I see that the status of yarn application is FAILED.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Below error in the log file:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:12,284 INFO com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingAppMaster: 
>>>>>> Initializing Application Master.
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:12,385 INFO 
>>>>>> com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingAppMasterService: Application master, 
>>>>>> appId=3, clustertimestamp=1473662193222, attemptId=1
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:13,432 INFO 
>>>>>> com.datatorrent.common.util.AsyncFSStorageAgent: using 
>>>>>> /scratch/sanav/view_storage/projects/downloads/hadoop/tmp/hadoop-sanav/nm-local-dir/usercache/sanav/appcache/application_1473662193222_0003/container_1473662193222_0003_01_000001/tmp/chkp6399702117805507910
>>>>>>  as the basepath for checkpointing.
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,223 INFO com.datatorrent.stram.FSRecoveryHandler: 
>>>>>> Creating 
>>>>>> hdfs://den00spj:9000/user/sanav/datatorrent/apps/application_1473662193222_0003/recovery/log
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,272 INFO 
>>>>>> com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingAppMasterService: Starting application 
>>>>>> with 5 operators in 5 containers
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,286 INFO 
>>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.api.async.impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Upper 
>>>>>> bound of the thread pool size is 500
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,288 INFO 
>>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.api.impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: 
>>>>>> yarn.client.max-cached-nodemanagers-proxies : 0
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,316 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.RMProxy: 
>>>>>> Connecting to ResourceManager at /0.0.0.0:8030
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,345 INFO 
>>>>>> com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingContainerParent: Config: Configuration: 
>>>>>> core-default.xml, core-site.xml, yarn-default.xml, yarn-site.xml, 
>>>>>> hdfs-default.xml, hdfs-site.xml
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,345 INFO 
>>>>>> com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingContainerParent: Listener thread count 30
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,351 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.CallQueueManager: 
>>>>>> Using callQueue class java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,356 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Starting 
>>>>>> Socket Reader #1 for port 55906
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,369 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: IPC Server 
>>>>>> listener on 55906: starting
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,370 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: IPC Server 
>>>>>> Responder: starting
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,385 INFO 
>>>>>> com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingContainerParent: Container callback 
>>>>>> server listening at den00spj/10.196.38.196:55906
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,440 INFO org.mortbay.log: Logging to 
>>>>>> org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter(org.mortbay.log) via 
>>>>>> org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,507 INFO 
>>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.server.AuthenticationFilter: 
>>>>>> Unable to initialize FileSignerSecretProvider, falling back to use 
>>>>>> random secrets.
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,512 INFO org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpRequestLog: Http 
>>>>>> request log for http.requests.stram is not defined
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,518 INFO org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2: Added 
>>>>>> global filter 'safety' 
>>>>>> (class=org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2$QuotingInputFilter)
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,520 INFO org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2: Added 
>>>>>> filter static_user_filter 
>>>>>> (class=org.apache.hadoop.http.lib.StaticUserWebFilter$StaticUserFilter) 
>>>>>> to context stram
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,520 INFO org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2: Added 
>>>>>> filter static_user_filter 
>>>>>> (class=org.apache.hadoop.http.lib.StaticUserWebFilter$StaticUserFilter) 
>>>>>> to context static
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,520 INFO org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2: Added 
>>>>>> filter static_user_filter 
>>>>>> (class=org.apache.hadoop.http.lib.StaticUserWebFilter$StaticUserFilter) 
>>>>>> to context logs
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,523 INFO org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2: adding 
>>>>>> path spec: /stram/*
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,523 INFO org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2: adding 
>>>>>> path spec: /ws/*
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,875 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.webapp.WebApps: 
>>>>>> Registered webapp guice modules
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:15,876 INFO org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2: Jetty 
>>>>>> bound to port 21097
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2016-09-12 00:47:16,147 ERROR 
>>>>>> com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingAppMasterService:
>>>>>> Webapps failed to start. Ignoring for now:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.webapp.WebAppException: Error starting http
>>>>>> server
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.webapp.
>>>>>> WebApps$Builder.start(WebApps.java:310)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at com.datatorrent.stram.Streamin
>>>>>> gAppMasterService.serviceStart(StreamingAppMasterService.java:616)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.apache.hadoop.service.Abst
>>>>>> ractService.start(AbstractService.java:193)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at com.datatorrent.stram.Streamin
>>>>>> gAppMaster.main(StreamingAppMaster.java:103)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to initialize WebAppContext
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpSer
>>>>>> ver2.start(HttpServer2.java:879)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.webapp.
>>>>>> WebApps$Builder.start(WebApps.java:306)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         ... 3 more
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Caused by: com.sun.jersey.api.container.ContainerException: No
>>>>>> WebApplication provider is present
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.W
>>>>>> ebApplicationFactory.createWebApplication(WebApplicationFact
>>>>>> ory.java:69)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.s
>>>>>> ervlet.ServletContainer.create(ServletContainer.java:391)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.s
>>>>>> ervlet.ServletContainer$InternalWebComponent.create(ServletC
>>>>>> ontainer.java:306)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.s
>>>>>> ervlet.WebComponent.load(WebComponent.java:607)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.s
>>>>>> ervlet.WebComponent.init(WebComponent.java:210)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.s
>>>>>> ervlet.ServletContainer.init(ServletContainer.java:373)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.s
>>>>>> ervlet.ServletContainer.init(ServletContainer.java:710)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at com.google.inject.servlet.Filt
>>>>>> erDefinition.init(FilterDefinition.java:114)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at com.google.inject.servlet.Mana
>>>>>> gedFilterPipeline.initPipeline(ManagedFilterPipeline.java:98)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at com.google.inject.servlet.Guic
>>>>>> eFilter.init(GuiceFilter.java:172)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Filt
>>>>>> erHolder.doStart(FilterHolder.java:97)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.component.Abstract
>>>>>> LifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Serv
>>>>>> letHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:713)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Cont
>>>>>> ext.startContext(Context.java:140)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAp
>>>>>> pContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1282)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.Cont
>>>>>> extHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:518)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAp
>>>>>> pContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:499)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.component.Abstract
>>>>>> LifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.Hand
>>>>>> lerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.Cont
>>>>>> extHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:156)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.component.Abstract
>>>>>> LifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.Hand
>>>>>> lerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.mortbay.component.Abstract
>>>>>> LifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>         at org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpSer
>>>>>> ver2.start(HttpServer2.java:857)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Apart from this error I don’t see any other errors.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Please advise.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>> Sanal
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Sanal Vasudevan Nair
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Sanal Vasudevan Nair
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Sanal Vasudevan Nair
>

Reply via email to