Hi,

I was looking into possibility of integrating rules engines with Apache
Apex. This will help to cater use cases like complex event processing using
Apache Apex.

I gave a quick try to write a malhar operator which uses drools library to
do event processing and return appropriate result. I haven't done any
detailed usage analysis w.t.r. memory, complexity of using rules which
spread across events etc. But does community think this is a good area and
we should explore more on this?

If yes I will try to put in basic operator in Malhar and work on details.

-Priyanka