Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 12:01:03 -0400
From: Jack Hsu <jack....@oicr.on.ca>
To: Zhiliang <h...@animalgenome.org>, BioMart Users <users@biomart.org>
Subject: Re: [BioMart Users] (no subject)

Hi Zhiliang,

The "biomart-server.sh stop" command will look at the biomart.pid file inside
dist directory and kill that process. It may be that the process was already
killed but the pid file still remained.

I'm not sure how Xming works, but the "biomart-server.sh start" script should
be launching the BioMart process as a daemon process. You could try running
the script through a "screen", which you can detach from using ^A^D (Ctlr+A,
Ctlr+D), and reattach using "screen -r". This will allow you to resume
previous screen sessions on the Linux server even if your client disconnects.

The "HTTP Error" occurs during querying when an URL source is not accessible
by the BioMart server. Do you have a firewall that prevents access to outside
resources?

-jack