Good morning everyone,

We seem to still have a bit of a problem with our multi-master setup regarding MailNotifier.

When we first startined using multi-master, I'd neglected to separate the MailNotifiers as I had the builders. This resulted in every email getting sent from all 4 of out masters. Which wouldn't have been so bad except for a critical piece of reporting code crashing which made every build 'fail'. So we had an email flood.

I got the MailNotifiers associated with builds separated, and we got the other code running, and the flood was mostly abated.

But we also had one MailNotifier that just used builders=[]. The comments by it say that that MailNotifier is for worker-missing emails. That one got separated out yesterday.

At present, every failure email sent has a URL beginning with locaclhost:8080, instead of the correct one. How can I correct this? Do the MailNotifiers need to be in the UI master (which surely ought to know the URL for the UI)? Something else? Currently, the MailNotifiers are in the same masters as their builders.

Neil Gilmore
users mailing list