Hi Babu,

On Nov 17, 2009, at 3:30 PM, Babu Naidu wrote:

Hi,

I have a junit test that I would like to debug, however I am not able to figure out how to pass java debug options to the JVM that runs junit test or test task. For example, I would like to run the junit test with '- Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8453' jvm options and connect my IDE to it for further debugging. I tried setting JAVA_OPTS variable, it didn't work, probably these options weren't propagated to the JVM that ran my test as it didn't stop at a breakpoint in my test class.

Thanks
Babu

Check out this section of the docs:

http://buildr.apache.org/languages.html#java

You want to pass :java_args to test.using. (Alternatively you could turn off forking and use JAVA_OPTS, but I wouldn't recommend that.)

Rhett