On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Antoine Toulme <anto...@toulme.name> wrote:
> Thank you for taking the time to write down your thoughts.
>
> BUILDR-274 is very much something we want to get to eventually.
>
> Maven supports version ranges. How they do it might be different from the
> behavior you describe. I need to compare both, did you by any chance look
> into that?

No, I'm not too familiar with Maven myself.

>From being forced to use Gradle, that seems to support ranges but it
does so in the awful way where it bumps you up to the highest one even
if it conflicts.

The OSGi runtime is the only version resolution stuff I have seen
working sanely, but I don't know what people in that space are doing
about compile-time.

Of course, the other problem with all this is getting libraries to
specify their versions accurately. Far too many have a single static
version specified. Almost no libraries we depend on for the
application at work have done so. :/

TX