I think the magic is happened in side of camel spring post processor which
inject the camel context to CamelContextAware interface. If you use
CamelContextFactoryBean directly, it won’t setup the post processor for you out
of box.

Please feel free to fill a JIRA for adding support of parent and abstraction.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com