Hi all,

First post in the email list, just let me know if I do something wrong :-)

I'm having trouble with MQTT and Apache Camel. I have configured a couple of
routes to dispatch messages from JMS to MQTT and viceversa. The JMS client
works as excepted and whenever there is a failure in the initial connect or any
further reconnect it is managed gracefully, so that the route keeps working.
The problem comes with MQTT client, which causes a RuntimeException raised up
to the top layer, so that the application stops.

I believe this shouldn't be the correct behaviour and the exception should be
handled within the route so that it keeps working. This can be easily
reproducer running a route with the MQTT broker down, it throws the exception
to the Main class after the 10 seconds timeout elapses. I have checked the same
code with the Paho client instead of plain MQTT client and it works fine,
similar to JMS client I'm not sure if it is something realted to the internal
implementation of the MQTT client or the wrapper of Apache Camel.

I am using Java 8, Apache Camel 2.2.0 and Spring xml configuration.

Anybody could give me some help / advice on this topic please?

Please find more discussion details in this Stackoverflow topic:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53546604/error-in-mqtt-apache-camel-route-causes-application-to-stop

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Dani