Hi

Btw there is also jolokia that can make JMX easier as it can expose
the data via REST over HTTP.
http://www.jolokia.org/

And Jolokia comes out of the box with ActiveMQ.

Then its just standard HTTP and one port you need to be open, and not
as tricky to setup and secure as JMX over RMI can be.

http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus