Hi,

I am having a little trouble understanding how the cloudstack networking model
works, I have read the documentation and enquired on IRC(without response) and
still don't really get it. I suspect if I was able to setup CloudStack and play
with it I would understand, however given that I have to go through a complex
networking setup to get the Zone/Pod/Cluster/Host even setup to start with, I
haven't been able to get far enough in to start playing.

Based on what I have read, I think I would like to setup a Public Cloud,
essentially some hypervisors on a private network(lets say 10.1.254.0/24) and
storage on another network(let's say 10.1.253.0/24) and then all the VM's given
public IP's(let's say 200.10.10.0/24). I don't understand how to do that, or
even what the difference is between a Guest network and Public network(do they
have to be separate?)

I'm used to just building VM's in vSphere and the reason I would like to move
to CloudStack is for the automation and ability to give not so technical people
access to creating VM's. On vSphere this would be easy, iSCSI and Management on
the same 10G NIC with different VLAN tags, and then guest network on another
NIC. Replicating this into Cloudstack with KVM doesn't seem possible? Can I use
VLAN tagging?

Other questions I have are around the multitude of DNS servers(internal,
external, etc) that the CloudStack Management server asks me for when I set up
the Pod/Cluster/Host as well as internal and external networks - then how do I
assign and make sure all configuration is okay across hypervisors?

If someone could point me towards a good guide I would really appreciate it.

Mark