Hi,

Thanks Sanjeev and Geoff for your replies.  I have a few follow-up
questions.

A. The document I referenced states "if a physical storage interface was not
specified when creating the zone this interface will not exist" in
reference to eth3 (the SSVM storage network interface).  Is that no longer
the case?  I don't see the logic of having a second virtual NIC on the same
subnet.

B. I know that having multiple NICs on the same system connected to the
same subnet can sometimes cause network issues.  If this is to be the
resulting configuration on the SSVM, is there anything I should watch out
for?  What has been done to head off any issues that could result from this
configuration?

C. Aside from performance/redundancy concerns, can you offer any general
comments regarding the wisdom of opting not to have a secondary storage IP
subnet?  Beyond being technically possible and permitted, is this a common
and accepted approach?

For my better understanding, and because I am weighing the options, I'd
still appreciate answers to my questions about the Secondary Storage
network, re-posted below:

4. I haven't found any documentation that helps with planning the size of
the Secondary Storage network -- besides the NFS server and the SSVM, what
other devices must have an IP address on this network?

5. How are IP addresses for devices on the Secondary Storage network
assigned?  In the case of the SSVM it must be dynamic, but if I were to
manually put a CloudStack host onto this network (for convenience), what
assures that the same IP address won't also get handed out to an SSVM?

6. Is it permitted to place the Secondary Storage traffic onto its own
dedicated vSwitch on ESXi?  According to the Installation Guide under
section 8.3.5.1.1 Separating Traffic: "*CloudStack allows you to use
vCenter to configure three separate networks per ESXi host. *...*  The
allowed networks for configuration are public, guest, and private (for
management and usually storage traffic).*"  This would suggest that storage
traffic must share the same vSwitch as management traffic.

Thanks again,
Rob