Hi Martin,

Thanks for the information.

From the details below, I understand that your Cluster will not allow
additional VMs to be created if 85% of the memory is consumed. This value is
important as you also need to factor in what amount of memory is required by
the Hypervisor (XenServer) to run. Xenserver needs a minimum of 1GB -- Check
out the following link:
http://support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServlet/download/34970-102-704220/installation.pdf.

Secondly, unless you are running memory intensive applications, using a 1:1
ratio is not entirely economically viable, you can safely up the
mem.overprovisioning.factor to 2 or 4 (depending on your Memory over
provisioning calculations vs CPU). This means that you are essentially doubling
or quadrupling up on the actual amount of memory you have available.

Another option to look at is your deployment.planners.order &
vm.deployment.planner fields. In my case, I use FirstFitPlanner for both as we
prefer to fully utilize each host before provisioning on another host.

Kind Regards,

Timothy Lothering
Timothy Lothering
Solutions Architect
Managed Services

T: +27877415535
F: +27877415100
C: +27824904099
E: tlother...@datacentrix.co.za

DISCLAIMER NOTICE:

Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business
of Datacentrix Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries
('Datacentrix') is proprietary to Datacentrix. It is confidential, legally
privileged and protected by law. Datacentrix does not
own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender
unless clearly stated as being that of Datacentrix.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please
notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally
reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way.
Datacentrix cannot assure that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or
interference.