Thanks for the explanation, which really clarified a lot.  I did as you
suggested and changed the code in a local development WS and then rebuilt the
RPMs using the following steps:

* Updated code in a local git repository.
* Ran the " mvn clean install -P systemvm ".
* Ran the "./package.sh -d centos7" to create the new RPM's
* Copied the new RPMs to a local repository we have to control updates.
* Stopped the cloudstack-management, cloudstack-usage and cloudstack-agent
services
* Reinstalled the "cloudstack-common" on all management and hosts using the
"yum reinstall cloudstack-common".
* Reinstalled the "cloudstack-agent" on the hosts only using "yum reinstall
cloudstack-agent"
* Started the agents on all hosts.
* Started management services.
* Stopped and then started a test VR but get the following error:  Resource
[Host:31] is unreachable: Host 31: Unable to start instance due to Unable to
start VM[DomainRouter|r-1187-VM] due to error in finalizeStart, not retrying

I also restored the system vm template on secondary storage from a backup I
made before starting any changes.  I tried 2 different VRs and I get this same
message with a different Host:xx value.

I reverted back to the original code by repeating the above process using the
original RPMs.  The VR start normally but I still have the original password
reset issue. Ether I am missing something with the upgrade to a new VM system
template process or I guess the code change could have caused this problem.  I
did test the code change by using a live VR and manually make the change.  All
worked well then but I can't test the stop/restart process cause it reverts
back to the original scripts.

Did I miss a step or do something incorrectly with the new system VM update?
Thanks.

Richard Klein  <rkl...@rsitex.com>
RSI
5426 Guadalupe, Suite 100