Hi Simon,

thanks for your swift answer!

Am 12.10.2016 um 15:47 schrieb Simon Weller:

> So if I understand correctly here, you have 2 clusters within a pod and
> you're using cluster level storage (meaning each cluster has it's own primary
> storage).

You are perfectly right.

> There is a global configuration item for preventing CloudStack from
> attempting to automatically migrate across primary storage arrays. It's
> called enable.ha.storage.migration.
> If you set this to false, it will prevent an attempted storage migration on
> HA.

The enable.ha.storage.migration setting really looks like a quick fix
for our problem. Great.

What we are still thinking about is the point, if it is principally a
good idea to limit CloudStack in its ability to freely and automatically
migrate VMs between all cluster nodes. Is setting
"enable.ha.storage.migration"=false the intended way to handle a setup
with multiple clusters or is it kind of a dirty hack to circumvent
disadvantages of our setup? In the latter case we would like to know
that and keep a focus on alternatives and be ready to improve our setup
in the mid-term.

We would be happy to hear about additional advice, experience and
suggestions.

Thanks a lot,

Melanie Desaive

Heinlein Support GmbH
Linux: Akademie - Support - Hosting

http://www.heinlein-support.de
Tel: 030 / 40 50 51 - 0
Fax: 030 / 40 50 51 - 19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,