Von: Alessandro Caviglione [mailto:c.alessan...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 3. Februar 2018 01:10
An: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Betreff: Re: XenServer Licensing Change - Switch Hypervisors?

Hi all,
I'm also trying to find a solution, our infrastructure is based on XS6.5 that
will not patched on meltdown and spectre so we're considering to create new
cluster based on a different hypervisor instead of upgrade to XS7.2.
In fact, I think that all here work for a company that has a MS SPLA agreement
in place, so my question is: since we're already paying MS Datacenter license,
what do you think about Hyper-V under Cloudstack?
I'm trying to compare it versus KVM...

Thank you.

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 3:18 AM, Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> wrote:

> Hi Dingo,
>
> That's an interesting answer to recent citrix licensing change for
> xenserver, I'll definitely keep an eye on this project!
>
> thanks!
>

> *Pierre-Luc DION*
> Architecte de Solution Cloud | Cloud Solutions Architect t
> 855.652.5683
>
> *CloudOps* Votre partenaire infonuagique* | *Cloud Solutions Experts
> 420 rue Guy *|* Montreal *|* Quebec *|* H3J 1S6 w cloudops.com *|* tw
> @CloudOps_
>
> On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 10:13 AM, Nux! <n...@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
> > Good luck, Sean. It should be doable.
> > If you're buying new Intel hardware, make sure it supports the
> > invpcid
> cpu
> > flag, or buy AMD Epyc.
> > See my other recent email on the list about performance implications
> > of Meltdown.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Nux!
> > www.nux.ro

- proIO GmbH -
Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten
haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht
gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify
the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.