From: daniel.herrm...@zv.fraunhofer.de
[mailto:daniel.herrm...@zv.fraunhofer.de]
Sent: 12 February 2018 09:47
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: CentOS7 Packages

Hi Paul,

There are actually multiple occurrences. Two of which I can think right now:

Minimum System Requirements in "Installation overview":
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.11/overview/index.html

"Operating system: Preferred: CentOS/RHEL 6.3+ or Ubuntu 14.04(.2)"

Now that I think about it, one could also read this as minimum requirements
(such as the page title reads) and not as recommendation... so scratch that (
To make that clearer, I'd suggest to rewrite this section "CentOS/RHEL 6.3+,
CentOS/RHEL 7.x+ or Ubuntu 14.04(.2) or higher", where the "x" needs to be
filled if a specific 7.x minor release is required.

The quick installation guide (
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.11/qig.html
 ) does refer to CentOS 6 in general and uses CentOS 6, which one may read as
recommendation. However I guess one could just replace CentOS 6 with CentOS 7
following the same guide and there should be no problem.

After reviewing the 4.11 documentation, I found that most pages indeed
recommend CentOS 7. Just read the two I described above before and came to
hasty conclusions. Sorry for that.

Regards
Daniel