From: S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH <s.brues...@proio.com>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 4:57 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: KVM with shared storage

Hi @all,

I am evaluating KVM for our Cloudstack installation. We are using XenServer at
the moment. We want to use shared storage so we can do live migration of VMs.
For our KVM hosts I am using CentOS7 with standard kernel as OS and for shared
storage I am evaluating ScaleIO. KVM and ScaleIO installation is working great
and I can map a volume to all KVM hosts.
I end up with a device (dev/scinia) of block storage on all KVM hosts.

As far as I understand I need a cluster filesystem on this device so I can use
it on all KVM hosts simultaneously. So my options are ocfs2, gfs2 and clvm. As
documented clvm is not supported by Cloudstack and therefore not really an
option.
I found this shapeblue howto
(http://www.shapeblue.com/installing-and-configuring-an-ocfs2-clustered-file-system/)
 for ocfs2, but this is for CentOS6 and I am unable to find a working ocfs2
module for CentOS7 standard kernel.
[http://www.shapeblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Fotolia_51644947_XS-1.jpg]<http://www.shapeblue.com/installing-and-configuring-an-ocfs2-clustered-file-system/>

Installing and Configuring an OCFS2 Clustered File System
...<http://www.shapeblue.com/installing-and-configuring-an-ocfs2-clustered-file-system/>
www.shapeblue.com
Last year we had a project which required us to build out a KVM environment
which used shared storage. Most often that would be NFS all the way and very
occasionally ...

So my question is how are you implementing shared storage with KVM hosts in
your Cloudstack installation if it is not NFS? Thx for your help!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen

- proIO GmbH -
Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten
haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht
gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify
the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.