Hey Boris!

This isn't the problem, just setting

mvn install -P deps -Dnoredist -Dnonoss; # this target doesn't work

export ACS_BUILD_OPTS="-Dnoredist -Dnonoss"; dpkg-buildpackage

I don't know what's the difference between noredist and nonoss.

Anyway if I do build the packages with noredist (which is mentioned way more
often than nonoss in different documentations / Install.txt's),
I do not know how to include the respective *jar's getting baked into the
systemvmtemplate. Otherwise the cloud service won't start and no further
configuration of the systemvm will take place. Say: it won't connect to the
management.

I'm currently using tools/appliance -> build.sh systemvmtemplate, but afaik,
these scripts doesn't honor noredist?