Hi Asai,

In short – no that is not a use case CloudStack is designed for, the VM states
are controlled by CloudStack management. You should however look at using HA
service offerings and host HA (if you meet all the pre-requisites). Between
these mechanisms VMs can be brought up on other hosts if a host goes down.

Alternatively if you are looking to trigger an automated startup of VMs I
suggest you simply script this with e.g. cloudmonkey. Keep in mind this still
requires a healthy management server though.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue