I decided whether to write it several weeks thinking about the stones and
rotten potatoes, but still decided to do that. Hope it will not raise the
stress level.

Colleagues and ACS leaders, I would like to initiate the discussion. Why go
to CS5 rather than stay with 4.XX. Some thoughts are:

1. According to the versioning guide, the first number stands for radical
changes like if the community decided to go from current ORM to Hibernate.
I don't see the capabilities for such changes and there are no intentions
for the implementation.

2. I can realize that we 'stuck' with '4.XX' and the marketing can be
disappointing from that point of view. Then, OK, let's just skip the first
number "4." and release, ACS 13.X, 14.X, 15.X and so on. Every version will
receive new impressing version number and everyone could be happy about
that.

Going to version "5" currently looks like as an intention to refresh but
with very poor motivation. At least to me.

The discussion is strongly welcome.

--
With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
Bitworks LLC