Hi Paul,

> The release notes are still work-in-progress, but the systemvm
> template upgrade section has been updated. You may refer the
> following for systemvm template upgrade testing:
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/latest/index.html

Thanks!

We're doing our own tests right now, but ran into problems when
updating the system VMs.

For one, after registering the new VMware systemvm template, it is
shown as a "USER" template. I'm not sure if this is correct. Is there
an additional step to ensure it is considered a "SYSTEM" template?
I believe this is important so the SSVM and Console Proxy get upgraded.

Secondly, the upgrade instructions do not mention updating
minreq.sysvmtemplate.version
and
router.template.<hypervisor>
to the
version/name of the new template.

Without this step, routers won't be upgraded to the new template.
IMHO, it should be mentioned in all upgrade instructions.

Should I prepare a PR against the documentation?

Best regards,
Gregor