Hey everyone,

So, the server acting as my management server (including the database) crashed hard and I am trying to spin up a new one restoring from backups. Everything has seemed to go smoothly but now I am getting the following error:

InvalidConnectionAttributeException: The server time zone value 'CDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone.

My new server is identical to the old one (Cent 7. Mariadb 5.5.64. Identical hardware) and in all of my work with jdbc and mysql I have never seen this error. I have googled and see that I can fix it by adding a timezone entry in my.cnf but I was wondering if this issue is indicative of a problem with my restoration of the management server.

So, is there a timezone setting somewhere in cloudstack management that I missed? Has anyone else hit this error before? I can provide the full stack trace if it is helpful.

Thanks,

--
Matthew Smart
President