I've been using Ceph in prod for volumes for some time. Note that although
I had several cloudstack installations,  this one runs on top of Cinder,
but it basic translates as libvirt and rados.

It is totally stable and performance IMHO is enough for virtualized
services.

IO might suffer some penalization due the data replication inside Ceph.
Elasticsearch for instance, the degradation would be a bit worse as there
is replication also in the application size, but IMHO, unless you need
extreme low latency it would be ok.

Best,

Leandro.