From: Leo Leung <l...@steamr.com>
Date: Saturday, 16 March 2024 at 2:50 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Volatile VM disks?
Hello everyone,

I am trying to use the 'volatile VM' feature. According to the documentation,
it should "have their root disks reset upon reboot".

I created a new compute offering with 'volatile' enabled and then deployed a VM
on a KVM node using a template image. The VM root disk is not resetting on
shutdown/reboot.  I looked through the CloudStack source code but don't see
anything obvious as to what would make the disks reset on shutdown/reboot.

Is there something else I need to do to make this work? Is this a feature only
on specific hypervisors?

Thank-you,
-Leo