Thanks Harikrishna!

If I understand this correctly, this will only reset the disk only when the VM
is rebooted via the CloudStack API. I was able to confirm that the disk was
indeed reset if I send the reboot API call.

What confused me based on what is written in the documentation is that the VM
disk would not reset in the following cases:
 1. The user powers down the VM (via the shutdown/poweroff commands in the OS)
and at a later time turns the VM back on using the CloudStack 'start
virtualmachine' API command.
 2. The user powers down the VM via the 'stop virtualmachine' CloudStack API
call and at a later time turns the VM back on using the CloudStack 'start
virtualmachine' API command.
 3. The user reboots the VM (via the reboot command)

Is it a bug that the disk doesn't get reset in the first 2 cases? That is,
shouldn't the 'start virtualmachine' command trigger the disk to reset on a
volatile VM?

Thank-you,
-Leo