Hi,

i run a 2 node cluster and want to be save in split-brain scenarios. For this i
setup external/ipmi to stonith the other node.

Some possible issues jumped to my mind and i would ike to find the best
practice solution:

- I have a primitive for each node to stonith. Many documents and guides
recommend to never let them run on the host it should fence. I would setup
clone resources to avoid dealing with locations that would also influence
scoring. Does that make sense?

- Monitoring operation on the stonith primitive is dangerous. I read that if
monitor operations fail for the stonith device, stonith action is triggered. I
think its not clever to give the cluster the option to fence a node just
because it has an issue to monitor a fence device. That should not be a reason
to shutdown a node. What is your opinion on this? Can i just set the primitive
monitor operation to disabled?

Thank you.

Stefan