Hi,

I see when I invoke

# pcs cluster setup --force --local --name <cluster-name> <net-interface-name>

It reports "Removing all cluster configuration files..." and true to its word,
removes /etc/pacemaker/authkey.

My cluster configuration depends on nodes running pacemaker_remote and so I
depend on the authkey to communicate with them.  The authkey is distributed
among the nodes by a configuration management tool, in this case CFEngine, and
if the authkey were not deleted, when pacemaker was started it and the remotes
would successfully communicate with each other immediately.

Is there some other solution to this key distribution problem that is
preferred, and that is not affected by the removal of authkey?  Or is there
some way to tell pcs not to remove that file?

I see this behavior on RHEL 7.4 / pacemaker-1.1.16-12.el7.x86_64

Also, is this a recent change?  I don't recall this occurring with an earlier
version of RHEL/pacemaker.

thanks,

Olaf P. Faaland
Livermore Computing