so you would need
1) action to retrieve uploaded file from the request (there are loads of
examples on the wiki and mailinglist)
2) inside the action you would upload it into the database using sth like
stmnt.setBytes(1, blobBytes) where blobBytes is a byte array with your
file data.
Retrieving the data should be very similar, check your jdbc docs for
specifics.

Hope this helps
Jorg