Another good hint might be to use a browser like IE or Mozilla to view the XML file because they tell you if something is wrong with the file and no editor/application/cocoon is involved.

Joerg

On 23.02.2004 21:50, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

On 23.02.2004 21:53, Carlos Dias wrote:

Let me see if I understand your answer... you are saying that the file is
defined with a specific encoding, but has characters that are in a different
encoding, right?!

Yes. This happens if you use an encoding-unaware editor or the editor can not handle the specific encoding. jEdit is a good suggestion by Bert, btw. You can get it at jedit.org.

Joerg

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joerg Heinicke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Original Exception IOException : Invalid byte 2 of
3-byte UTF-8 sequence"

I think the problem is not the encoding setting of Cocoon, but in the
file you are accessing in this pipeline. The encoding *specified* in
this file (or default UTF-8) does not seem to match the encoding *of*
the file.

Joerg