Think you more or less run into the same problems described in recent emails:

Subjects:

RE: JMS Listener invokes Cocoon pipeline (RE: How do I create a context from a
background task in cocoon?)

How do I create a context from a background task in cocoon?

I suppose you are also having problems that you don't have a context? This can
be done through the cron block, but I would be really happy if it can be done
easier!

Anyway, if this is not your problem, and you do have a context, you can just
use sourceresolver or something like

PipelineUtil pipeUtil = new PipelineUtil();
try {
    pipeUtil.contextualize(context);
    pipeUtil.service(serviceManager);
    pipeUtil.processToSAX(uri, null, this);
} catch (Exception e) {
    throw new CascadingRuntimeException("Cannot process pipeline from '" + uri
} finally {
    pipeUtil.dispose();
}

but I suppose not having a context is your problem isn't?

AS