You have proven the problem is not in the custom DOMTransformer.

Warrell suggests using the Request Generator.

I generate form data using the Server Pages Generator with an XSP. I
wrote this when I was very new to Cocoon.  It works, but I would be
very interested in a debate about the best algorithm for reading POST
data.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/branches/revolution/1.3.x/src/webapp/lenya/modules/form/post.xsp
Instructions:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/branches/revolution/1.3.x/src/webapp/lenya/modules/form/module.xml

If you need more assistance, start a new thread with a more
appropriate subject to interest non-Java-writing ML readers scared  by
the current title.

solprovider