> As a policy for this website we are trying avoid doing any custom java
>  programming, only little tiny features added here and there to cocoon
>  itself, and clearing some minor gotchas i've found in my way but apart from
>  that, adding a custom java inputModule is not an option, until discovered
>  the jxpath way i did a draft input module to do the translate, but finally
>  no needed to break the no custom java code policy of this site..

You could always upload a patch to Cocoon's JIRA for an input module
that does what you need and ask nicely on the dev list to get it
applied.  That way there's no custom code needed as it's part of the
standard distribution :-)

Andy.
--
http://pseudoq.sourceforge.net/  Open source java Sudoku solver