Datum: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:02:19 +0200
Von: "Reinhard Pötz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Installing 2.2

David Legg wrote:
Patrick,

Why is there a binary download available, if (hopefully most) users build their apps with maven and
dependencies are obtained automatically?
I guess it's a comfort for those not able to use Maven for some reason. I think of it as a transitional thing.
There are two reasons: Not everybody wants to use Maven/Ivy/MavenAntTasks. Since we got several complaints, we've started to provide traditional release artifacts.

And second, the release artifacts also contain the related documentation and Javadocs.

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]